The data controller of the personal data referred to in this policy is Fleet Cards Europe.
Purpose of collection of personal information
Some of the primary purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information include:
- to provide services to you in your capacity as a member of the organisation
- to complete a transaction with you when you purchase a membership from us
- to advise you of FCE products or services that may be of interest to you
- to post information on social media
- to complete a survey, where the use of the data collected in the survey will be disclosed in the survey itself
- to send you electronic newsletters that may be of interest to you or to which you have subscribed, and to better understand which articles are of interest to you
- to enable us to respond to questions you submit
- To segment your personal data to make sure that you only receive information that is relevant to you.
How we collect your data
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data described above depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will only use your personal information where we:
- Have your consent to do so;
- Need the personal data to perform a contract with you;
- Need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests and only where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you; or
- Need the personal information protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time, and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
What type of data do we collect?
FCE may collect or otherwise obtain and process the following data about you:
- Information about you that you provide by filling in forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, becoming a member of Fleet Cards Europe, subscribing to our communications, registering for events, or requesting further services.
- Information about emails and other communications we have sent to you and your interaction with them.
- Records of correspondence, or additional information obtained in order to respond to a query
- Information from your social media accounts but only where you have given us permission to use it. For example, posts, pictures and video footage you share on sites such as Facebook
- and Twitter.
- Information provided by optional surveys that FCE uses for research purposes
- Information from third parties where you consent to those other organisations sharing information they hold on you with us, and where those other organisations lawfully share your information with us.
FCE will take all steps reasonably necessary including policies, procedures and security features to ensure that your data is treated securely and protected from unauthorised and unlawful access and/or use, and in accordance with this notice. However, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data transmitted to our website from your device. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Who receives your data?
We may share information personal data third-party suppliers who process data on our behalf to help us to provide services to you.
- Marketing agencies – to provide relevant digital content to our customers
- Database hosting companies
International transfer of personal data
We do not envisage transferring any information about or relating to individuals to anyone who is located outside of the European Economic Area.
However, on occasion, the information we collect may be transferred to organisations who may store and use such data at premises in other countries. Where we allow an organisation to process your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that we create and maintain appropriate safeguards with those organisations so that your personal information is subject to the same standards and protections as when we are processing your personal information inside the European Economic Area.
Data retention period
We will hold information about you in our data systems only for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collected it, which is as follows:
- As long as you continue to log into our website or use our services (including engaging with emails, or downloading content) we will retain and process information about you.
- As long as you are an active member, and for 2 years thereafter
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- Right of access – You have the right to obtain a copy of information we hold about you
- Right of rectification or erasure – If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Please note that we may be entitled to retain your personal data despite your request, for example if we are under a separate legal obligation to retain it. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared their data about your request for erasure.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we do not need to hold your data any longer but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
- Right to Portability – You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object – You have a right to object to our processing your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
- Right of Complaint – You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the
- Right to Opt-out of Marketing Communications – You have the right to opt out of email or marketing communications we send to you at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by date-stamped communication.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal data or exercise any of the rights described above, please contact: email@example.com
Last updated: 23 February 2022